Post

Nose Re-Surgery

I tried to remove my nasal tip yesterday, but couldn't...

It's just so absurd... I'm still a little mentally shaken... I'll summarize my situation again...   Summer 2001: fracture + shaved a slight hump + sutured and narrowed the floor of the nostrils + Gore-Tex for the nasal bridge + nasal tip using ear cartilage Winter 2008: suddenly, for no reason, the glabella started swelling, and inflammation developed between the brows like Avatar, so Gore-Tex was removed January 2014: for no reason, the left side of the columella turned dark red, the inserted ear cartilage bent to the right, and the ear cartilage showed through at the nasal tip                       The shape of the nasal tip also started to change a little   That's roughly the situation... Anyway... this January, a problem developed at the nasal tip, so I went back to the hospital where I had the surgery... The doctor looked and said the nasal tip cartilage did look a little whitish and seemed to have shifted... and suggested 3 options   1) Correct it by slightly shaving down the visible cartilage or inserting dermis, etc. 2) Revision surgery 3) Complete removal   So in the end I decided on complete removal... scheduled removal surgery at the hospital reception for April 10 at 12... Anyway, I spent all that time struggling emotionally and visiting this community   I even fasted on time and went to lie on the operating table without having had a single sip of water ㅡ.ㅡ   I changed into surgical clothes, washed my face... took photos...   Before surgery, I went into the director's office for another consultation with the director...   "Why did you decide on removal??? Why are you trying to remove it??? I did suggest 3 options last time... but complete removal is not the best method... And what surprised me is... at your last visit, the cartilage was visible at the nasal tip and there were dark red areas... so I didn't place any special meaning on your choosing removal... But looking at today's photos and with the naked eye, there is no problem at all... Even bare-faced, the cartilage isn't visible... last time it looked like it was slightly visible... but based on today's condition, not at all... Really not at all... not at all.............there is no problem.... Please go home......"   I heard this absurd thing   I was really flustered too... To be honest, though, I was also extremely scared of getting the removal... Was it because he couldn't be bothered to do the removal surgery?? Or was it because it really didn't look problematic enough to remove, so he thought it would be better not to remove it?   And.... comparing when I decided I would remove it and visited the hospital with yesterday when I went for surgery   Maybe new skin is filling in the dark red columella area... or maybe in January the nasal tip cartilage was shifting a lot and the nose was under stress, and now it's settled into place and is stabilizing....   Anyway it has gotten better   What should I do??? Should I look into another hospital??? Or, as the hospital said... should I watch the changes for a few more months and then reconsider removal????   I'm going crazy... People who come to this removal information board will understand... Even if it isn't an extreme situation like inflammation or implant extrusion... even with some tiny change, you can't sleep for days and develop social avoidance... anyway.... that kind of feeling...   What should I do???

View on sungyesa ↗

No replies yet.

More in this category