Post

Nose Re-Surgery

I’m having full removal surgery in 2 weeks, but I’m not sure

I have about 2 weeks left until surgery to remove all of the 1 mm~1.5 mm silicone and nasal tip cartilage. But I’m still not sure if having this surgery is the right thing to do… The reason I originally got silicone wasn’t to raise my nasal bridge, but because during my first surgery, the nasal dorsum bone was shaved unevenly, so I had a really thin silicone implant put in to cover that So I keep wondering even more whether it’s okay to take this out, and whether I should take it out now… It’s been almost 14 years since the surgery, and since 2 years ago my nasal tip has occasionally turned red, and I can noticeably see that the skin has thinned, so I decided I should remove it before it becomes a bigger problem. But since I don’t have severe contracture yet, I think that actually makes me worry more. If I remove everything, I’m most scared about how the uneven nasal dorsum, step-offs, or depressions will look, and I keep worrying that my nose might become upturned too Out of the 3 places where I had consultations, 2 said that because my original nose was a downward-pointing nose, it wouldn’t become upturned, but one place said it could become upturned if they don’t tie the tip, so I’m worried.. I decided to have the surgery at a place that will do full removal and only cartilage repositioning, without tying the nasal tip…. Still, removing it before major contracture happens would mean there’s a higher chance the nose will be less upturned than if I remove it after full contracture sets in, right? My mind feels all unsettled, so I’m just posting this If anyone has been through a similar situation, I’d be grateful if you could share your experience.

View on sungyesa

Clinics mentioned

No replies yet.

More in this category