First of all, I went to 3 places yesterday I originally had 4-5 lined up, but there seemed to be a lot of brokers, and I just excluded large hospitals + places with very bad reviews, so I only went to 3, but I’m really torn
1. ㅈㅅ Single-doctor clinic / no waiting / CT taken Problems with my nose:
Silicone starting point is high from the glabella, so lower the starting point Bruising on nasal bridge + nasal tip redness (comes and goes), said it is not inflammation Punching in the nasal bridge silicone (a method doctors used a lot in the past), bone grew in between, calcification? They said all those parts now need to be smoothly cut away and scraped out (remove the entire capsule) If the entire capsule is removed, the area where the silicone was pressing and the thinned skin will make the step-off severe. => Revision nasal bridge surgery with donated dermis The donated costal cartilage in the nasal tip has been absorbed a lot and calcification is visible (remove) The nasal tip shape looks good, so use ear cartilage to preserve it as much as possible and widen the columella width (ear cartilage). It is possible to proceed with silicone replacement using customized silicone, but because the skin has become thin, there is a possibility it will show through, and the doctor said if it were his wife, he would stop her (I went with my fiance, and he got fixed on this after hearing it) Anyway, overall the doctor seemed professional, explained while looking at the CT, and seemed to pursue overall facial harmony and safety When I said I’m getting married soon, he said revision surgery with costal cartilage is possible, but if I’m going to have a baby, he doesn’t recommend it, saying I’ll come back to have it removed anyway. He said it would be okay if I give up having a baby, so in my fiance’s mind, option 1 got fixed. My original nose was very low, so I’m worried about the absorption rate. If a problem happens later and I need removal, silicone also seems like it would be better.
2. ㅇㄴㅅㅌ I went because many people go there for contracted nose reconstruction CT taken / single doctor / no waiting / CCTV available Here too, they first said it was not inflammation The nasal bridge starting point is high, and there is calcification in between due to punching Donated costal cartilage calcification at the nasal tip (It was all the same as number 1) Remove the entire capsule Use autologous costal cartilage instead of donated costal cartilage, and silicone replacement is possible When I was anxious and asked what if it is inflammation, they said they can open it during surgery and perform a bacterial test, and proceed with irrigation They seem to have an aesthetic sense and made it with Photoshop virtual simulation When I asked about donated dermis instead of silicone, the price goes up by 1 million won They said it can be used and would proceed with AlloDerm. The consultant was kind and kept selling me on doing it with autologous costal cartilage, saying since it’s a third surgery I should think of it as the last one. I said I’d think about it first.
3. ㅇㅂㄹ They kindly contacted me before the consultation saying the surgery might take a little longer I heard the patient sees the director after surgery before leaving, and that was true The director used a lot of technical terms so it was difficult, but he was kind He was also worried for me Unlike hospitals 1 and 2, first, given the skin tightness and various symptoms, it could be inflammation or it might not be, but it feels concerning. If going in for silicone or donated dermis replacement, in an unlucky case, inflammation could occur, then it would need to be removed and another surgery done, so if I’m about to get married, he does not recommend it. He said it seems high-risk, high-return. The best option is to remove the silicone, check the condition, and proceed with revision surgery 1 year later. Instead, after removal, reinforce any step-offs and such with ear cartilage. He spoke very kindly and worriedly, and said he doesn’t know whether inflammation or anything like that can be seen on CT, it just feels concerning, and it is the patient’s choice.
After the director consultation, I must have looked so upset, so the consultant honestly told me to visit many other hospitals too and compare because their director isn’t necessarily the answer, which I liked even more. But removing everything and putting in ear cartilage was more expensive than even the first hospital, so I was flustered. Oh and the director said it’s not urgent yet, so take time and think about it slowly, so I felt at least a little relieved.
I’m going to one more consultation today and will do more consultation rounds next week too The bruising on my nose is almost all gone, and honestly the nose throbbing and hurting might be in my head, I don’t know, but I keep saying it’s okay and not okay Both 1 and 2 are pretty famous in their own way and say there’s no inflammation, but 3 said differently, so I don’t know what’s right
And can inflammation show up on CT??????? Usually?
See more posts by Jjeongi222